With 2019 approaching, now is a good time to set financial goals.
We often start the year high expectations and good intentions and within a few months (or weeks), we lose sight of our goals.
Here is a plan to keep you on track:
1) Identify what you want: Do you want to save for retirement? Maybe pay off your debt? Save for a down-payment on a home? Then make the desire your goal.
2) Assess your finances: Take an honest look at what you currently has and will be available. Include all accounts, income and expenses. You want a complete understanding so you can create a realistic goal.
3) Get SMART: Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic Time frame.
4) Make a plan: Don’t worry about making a perfect plan. Focus on activities that will help you reach your goals.
5) Have a visual reminder: Have your goal in plain view at multiple locations. Constant reminders will help keep you on track.